10.31.2012

Handmade

How grateful I am that my mom NEVER bought us a Halloween costume- she made them every single year. And for the many, many times the words "we can make it" came out of her mouth while we were out shopping for clothes. Ooh, how it irked me then! Yet, now I find myself saying the same thing to my daughter. I'm constantly reminding her that if we buy everything, then we'll never know how to make anything! -A topic which has been on my mind a lot lately. The wheels in my head have been turning- but that's a topic for another post.

Happy Halloween! And thanks mom, for teaching me how to sew :)




Our daily visit from the flock of quails coming to eat the grass seeds, during our pumpkin carving. I think I saw 2 quails in my whole 28 years of living in California, and that was in Joshua Tree National Forest. Yet here in Tucson, we see them all the time! Isn't the state bird of California the Quail?









Little Miss Anne's dress was actually her older sisters fairy dress from a few years ago.


I used wooden buttons from my grandmother's stash because "gnomes like wooden things", and I crocheted the ties of the aprons.






1 comment: